Well, it’s here. We finally made it to 2017. And we know what’s on your mind: what’s on the horizon?
New Year’s Day is a good time to take stock of changes and new priorities, both in your personal life and in the world. So let’s look at a roundup of 5 major ones that will affect North Carolina in big ways. (We’ve linked to some details for your reading pleasure!)
- In 20 days, Donald Trump will be the President. Just in case you’d missed the biggest story of the last three months, we thought we’d run over that inauguration thing again.
- That means the ACA is probably going to change. How? No one is quite sure. But here are some possibilities.
- Aetna and United Healthcare have left the ACA Marketplace in North Carolina. That leaves most of the state with only one ACA insurer. (5 counties have two options. Find out if you’re in one here.)
- North Carolina’s new governor is Roy Cooper. Again, you probably know all about that election already, right? And we’re betting you have an opinion on it. Please share it!
- We’ve got more mandates on the horizon. Want to know what a mandate is and why you care? Read more about it tomorrow in our Mandate Monday post. For now, we’ll just say that they jack up your healthcare prices. Like, a lot. And we’re here to fight them for you.
Want to know when the legislature is trying to pass bills that harm your healthcare costs? Join us. We’ll tell you and let you know what to do about it.