Updated May 2, 2016
Information We Collect and How We Use It
What information we collect
The information we collect may include your first and last name, username, e-mail address, password to access your account on the Website, physical address, device IP address, phone number, educational and job history, and your interactive activity with our website. Such interactive activity may include, without limitation, your responding to content or prompts on the Website, your use of our advocacy platforms to connect with elected officials, and any content or information you may post or provide to us (including photos or videos and any data, such as time, location and date, embedded in such content). We may use this information to respond to your inquiries and requests, to deliver alerts and other information you request, to provide services to you, to analyze website usage and improve our website, and to personalize content. We also may share certain information with third parties as described below in “How We Share Information.”
How we collect your information
We collect personal information that you provide to us in various ways – for example, when you register as a user of the Website, when you sign up to receive alerts or other notifications, when you request information from us, when you participate in any interactive activity on the Website (which may include, without limitation, responding to content on the Website, connecting with elected leaders through communications platforms originating on the Website, or posting content to the Website), or when you are otherwise prompted to provide personal information while using the Website.
Registering and Logging In Through Facebook or Twitter
You may register with the Website, or log in to the Website, using your Facebook or Twitter profile. If you register or log in using Facebook or Twitter, we may receive the information from your profile that is publicly on your available as indicated privacy settings through Facebook or Twitter. You are responsible for managing your privacy settings on Facebook and Twitter.
We do not need—and we will not ask for—your social security number or financial account information, and you should not provide that information to us.
The Website does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
How We Share Information
NCCFH may share certain information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
- To assist NCCFH in providing services or managing content through the Website, including but not limited to information technology and web hosting firms, data security firms, content service providers, and communications providers that connect Website users to elected officials.
- NCCFH may share your name, contact information, and marketing and communications preferences with BlueCross and BlueShield of North Carolina;
- To comply with a law, regulation, or other governmental request, for example, to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or requests by law enforcement or governmental entities;
- To investigate or defend against third-party claims against us;
- To repair or resolve technical issues in the operation of this Website;
- To respond to a request by you to disclose the information, including your requests to allow access to your account and personal information by third-parties designated by you;
- With your knowledge and consent; and
- To address emergencies or acts of God.
- As an asset of the business in the event of a sale, merger, or other business combination or transfer involving NCCFH.
We may also collect and report to third parties aggregated information from our Website or information relating to your use of our advocacy platforms.
Links to Third Party Sites
Security of Personal Information
NCCFH takes the security of your personal information seriously. We implement commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction of personal information collected through this website. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that your personal information will never be accessed by an unauthorized party or otherwise breached.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem reasonably necessary or desirable, unless a different retention period is required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. We reserve the right to delete or destroy any information collected, including personal information, at any time.
Not Directed to Children Under 18
Users Outside the United States
Access to Your Personal Information and How to Contact Us
By registering as a user on the Website, you agree to receive certain notices and communications from us from time to time. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletters, alerts, or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you may contact us at email@example.com.