USER REGISTRATION, PASSWORDS, AND SECURITY
By using the Website, you agree to (i) provide accurate and complete information in any submission, registration, or updates that you input on the Website (“Registration Data”), (ii) maintain the security of your username and password at all times, and (iii) be fully responsible for the full use of your account. If any information that you provide as part of the Registration Data is not true, accurate, current or complete, we may suspend or terminate your right to use the Website.
You are responsible for maintaining security and control over any online identifier, e-mail address and password that you create to use the Website. We are not responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your accounts or the Website. If you believe that the security of your username and/or password has been compromised, you agree to immediately change your username and/or password to eliminate this security risk. You will notify us of any known or suspected unauthorized use, activities or disclosure of the Website, or any other breach of security.
NO PERSONS UNDER 18
CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS
If you register to receive notifications, alerts, e-mails or any other communications from us, you consent to receive such communications. You may, at any time, opt out of these communications using the prompts contained at the bottom of the communications.
If you provide a mobile telephone number or any other device information that allows you to receive SMS communications, text messages, or other similar communications, you are specifically providing NCCFH prior express written consent authorizing us to call you or send text messages for any purposes, including commercial purposes. These text messages may be automated.
FUNCTIONALITY AND PROHIBITED USES OF THE WEBSITE
NCCFH may limit the amount of memory, disk space, activity, bandwidth or any other resources available on the Website. Periodically, the Website may become unavailable due to required maintenance or other reasons. NCCFH assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communications line failures, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any content or information that you submit on, to or through the Website.
The Website and all of the services offered on the Website are provided “as is” without express or implied warranty of any kind (including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement). In no event will the NCCFS be liable for damages of any kind, including without limitation any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages.
- You will not manipulate the Website by any means, including but not limited to the use of bots, botnets, automated scripts or other automated or electronic means. You will not plant viruses or disturb our system through any Trojan horse, spyware, adware, malware, bot, time bomb, worm, or other harmful or malicious component, which might overburden, impair or disrupt the Website or any Website user’s use, access, or experience.
- You will not interfere with, tamper, with, damage, or modify the Website in any way whatsoever, including, but not limited to, by trespass, burdening network capacity, repeatedly posing the same or similar content, or uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other malicious code.
- You will not circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any NCCFH Content or enforce limitations on use of the Website.
- You will use the Website only for personal, private, non-commercial purposes.
CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE
Proprietary Content of NCCFH
We Do Not Control Third-Party Content
User Submissions – What You Can and Cannot Submit
For each of your User Submissions, you agree that:
- You are responsible for your User Submissions. You are solely responsible for all of your User Submissions posted, uploaded, published, made available, or displayed on the Website, and for your interactions with other users.
- You will not infringe on the rights of others. Each of your User Submissions does not and will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or publicity, real property rights, or rights in confidential information.
- You will not submit prohibited content. Your User Submissions do not contain falsehoods, misrepresentations, or deceptive or material that is unlawful, obscene, patently offensive, defamatory, libelous, threatening, sexually explicit, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, and does not encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, trespass, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, and is not otherwise inappropriate or objectionable.
- You will not use the Website for commercial activities, spam, scams, or advertising. Your User Submissions do not contain any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional messages, mass email, spam, or any other form of solicitation involving commercial activities and/or sales without NCCFH’s prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, advertising, pyramid schemes, or any communication that violates the CAN-SPAM Act.
- You will not be paid for your User Submissions. We shall not be required to make any payments to you or any person or entity with respect to your User Submissions.
- Your User Submissions will not harm anyone. Your User Submissions do not post information that poses or creates a safety or security risk to any person.
We are under no obligation to post or use any User Submissions, and we may remove User Submissions at any time for any reason in our sole discretion.
User Submissions - Your Grant of Rights to Us
DMCA COPYRIGHT NOTICE INFORMATION AND INFRINGEMENT POLICIES
If you are a copyright holder who believes that any of the products, services, or content which are directly available via the Website contains infringing copies of your work, please notify our DMCA registered agent at email@example.com with the subject line “DMCA Notice.” You may also send us a notice in writing to North Carolina Coalition for Fiscal Health, Attn: DMCA Agent, P.O. Box 2291, Durham, NC 27702.
Your notice must include (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the infringed copyright, (b) identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed, (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed, (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party (e.g., the address, telephone number, or email address), (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, and (f) a statement that information in the complaint is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
It is our policy to respond promptly to a valid DMCA notice by removing or disabling access to allegedly infringing material and to notify the user(s) who posted the infringing material. It is also our policy to disable and/or terminate a user’s access to the Website if we determine, in our discretion, that the user is a repeat infringer of copyrighted material.
Choice of Law, Venue, and Jurisdiction
No Obligation to Participate in Disputes Between Users
If there is a dispute between persons who are users of the Website, or between a user and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved in any respect. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you release NCCFH and its officers, employees, agents, representatives and successors from any and all claims, demands and damages of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or the Website.